New to GraffixPro Studio® Software Version 2.0
To download the latest version go to the Downloads Page
Here is a quick look at the new features in Version 2.0 of GraffixPro Studio® software. For more detailed information, please refer to the GraffixPro Studio® software Version 2.0 User’s Guide.
- 1. Supports Additional File Types: In addition to supporting the opening of PNG, JPG, JPEG, and GIF files, version 2.0 now supports the following additional file types: EPS, TIFF, BMP, and PDF. These file types can be opened using the Open Image tool from the Add Image menu.
- 2. Additional Masks: New Mask options have been added. Click on the Plus (+) sign next to the standard mask options to select and use one of the new mask options displayed here:
- 3. Additional Distress Patterns: New Distress options have been added. Click on the Plus (+) sign next to the standard distress options to select and use one of the new distress options displayed here.
- 4. New True Black Color Adjustment Tool: For a selected image, converts areas of color with RGB values that are close to black to true black automatically. To convert to True Black:
- a) Import an image into the workspace.
b) Select the image using the Select tool.
c) Click the True Black tool icon. All colors within a certain range of RGB values will be converted to true black (RGB value = 0,0,0).
d) To convert the image back to the original colors, keep the image selected and click the True Black tool icon once again.
By default, the areas that will be converted to true black will be any that have an RGB color value of 40,40,40 or lower. However, the default value can be changed in the fields for “True Black range of RGB values” in the Settings dialog.
- 5. New Editing Tools – Copy & Paste: Easily make a duplicate copy of a selected object. The new copy retains all the properties of the original. To use Copy & Paste:
- a) Select an object in the workspace.
b) Click the Copy icon to copy the object to clipboard.
c) Click the Paste icon to paste the copied object into the workspace.
- 6. Added Size, Position, and Angle Display: Version 2.0 displays the width, height, angle of rotation, and position in the platen of any selected object in the design, or of the overall design when no specific object has been selected. The information is visible below the workspace in the design software and is displayed in the following format:
- Size: width × height
- Offset co-ordinates from the top-left corner of the platen: x, y
- Rotation: angle of rotation
- 7. Improved Handling of Large Image Files: The design software will automatically modify the image to fit the application.
- 8. Design Gallery Enhancements: Changes have been made to the Design Gallery offering enhanced functionality.
- New All Files view will display all designs marked active in the Administrator.
- Adding an equals (=) sign to the beginning of any term in the Search field ensures that only designs with the exact same name as the search term are located. When using the equals (=) sign, no partial matches to the search term will be displayed.
- While previewing a design in the Design Gallery, the design’s name is now visible below the design preview.
- Templates saved to the Design Gallery through the design software now include a “T” in the top-left corner to distinguish them from designs loaded to the Design Gallery through the Administrator:
- New All Files view will display all designs marked active in the Administrator.
- 9. Ability to Skew the Shape of an Object: Select an object; click and drag on the top, bottom, or sides of the object’s selection frame (between the circular handle control points) to skew or slant the object.
- 10. Ability to Set the Size of the Handle Control Points: The control points are the eight circle-shaped nodes located around an object’s selection frame. The size of these is now editable; to change the size, do the following:
- a) Click the Settings icon to open the Settings dialog.
b) Locate the Controller size function.
c) Drag the slider to change the controller node size.
- 11. Retains Zoom Level when Designing and Editing. Version 2.0 maintains the zoom level on the workspace when performing design creation and editing functions; such as, adding and editing text, adding a single stroke, etc.
- 12. New Warning when Saving Design Larger than the Platen: When saving a design that is larger than the platen area, the following warning message will be displayed:
To disable this message, uncheck “Show warning when saving image larger that the platen size” from the Settings dialog.
- 13. Premium Features Preview: GraffixPro Studio® software users can now preview the Premium features in their own software, with output functionality disabled. To do this:
- a) Click the “Try & Buy” icon. The following dialog opens:
b) Click “Try the Premium Level”. The software automatically converts to the Premium level, with output disabled. No designs can be printed or saved while in this mode. However, all the features of the Premium level, with the exception of barcode scanning, are now available to try.
c) To exit the Premium trial mode, simply exit and restart the GraffixPro Studio® software.
- 14. Barcode Scanning Capability (Available Only in the Premium Level*): Quotes generated by the Premium level of GraffixPro Studio® software now include a barcode that is printed directly onto the quote worksheet. Using a barcode scanner, the printed barcode can be scanned directly into the Design Gallery to easily retrieve all designs associated with that particular quote.
Sample printed barcode:
Before generating a quote, GraffixPro Studio® software will prompt the user to save the active designs for that quote to the Design Gallery. Using the barcode to retrieve the saved designs ensures that exactly the files needed, will be retrieved.
To retrieve a design using the bar code:
- a) Print out the quote worksheet for the order.
b) In GraffixPro Studio® software, open the Select Product tab, and select the product that corresponds to the one on the sheet.
c) Open the Add Image tab and select the Design Gallery; ensure that the cursor is flashing in the Search field.
d) Ensure the scanner is connected to your computer and then scan the barcode on the quote sheet. To ensure that only the design with the exact name you want will appear in the search results, type an equals (=) sign into the search field before scanning the barcode.
e) Press the search button. The design(s) appear in the search results.
f) Select the design that corresponds to the product side selected and open it.
g) In the dialog that appears, select “Yes” to place the design in the same position in the platen that it occupied when it was saved to the Design Gallery; otherwise, the design will be centered in the platen. The image now appears in the workspace.
h) If the quote has images on more than one side, select the product side you need and then repeat steps “f” and “g” for that side.
- 15. Ability to Display all Sides of a Garment on the Quote (Available Only in the Premium Level*): Version 2.0 supports the display and printing of all product sides on a single quote.
To disable this feature, check “Display only the active side in quote” from the Settings dialog.
- 16. New Platens Product Category: The GraffixPro Studio® software now installs an additional product category called Platens. The platen representations included in this category are: Adult, Youth, Baby, Sleeve, and Oversized.
Note: As of Version 2.0, the “Simulate without White Underbase” feature is no longer available in GraffixPro Studio® Software.
NEW TO GRAFFIXPRO STUDIO® SOFTWARE VERSION 2.0 ADMINISTRATOR:
The following is new to the Administrator.
- 17. Import EPS files: Version 2.0 includes the ability to import EPS files to the Design Gallery. Individual EPS design files can be loaded through the “Designs” page in the Administrator. Multiple EPS Design files can be loaded through the “Upload Multiple Designs” page in the Administrator.
In addition, there is a new page view in the Administrator called “Import .eps Designs”. This tool can be used to automatically mass load .eps files to the Design Gallery with the correct category structure and keywords (if available). Before using this tool, .zip files must be created of the designs to upload to the Design Gallery.
Follow these guidelines to create the .zip file for import:
- a) This tool only imports .zip files.
b) The .zip files must contain:
i. The .eps design files in the correct category/folder structure. For example, “MyDesigns/Occupations/Trades”. The .eps design files should be located in the Trades folder. When the designs are uploaded to the Design Gallery, the following design categories will be created if they do not already exist: MyDesigns/Occupations/Trades. The design files will be loaded to the Trades category in the Design Gallery.
ii. Optional: It is possible to include a .csv file containing keywords for each design included in the .zip file. Keywords are used for searching the Design Gallery. The .csv file should contain a table with only two columns. Column A must list the design file names. Column B must list the keywords associated with each design listed in column A. More than one keyword can be associated with each design. In cases with multiple keywords, separate each keyword listed with a comma. If a .csv file is present during the import, the design keywords will be loaded to the Design Gallery. If a .csv file is not present, only the design files themselves will be loaded to the Design Gallery.
Sample excerpt from the .csv file for import:
- To use the Import .eps Designs feature:
- a) In the Administrator, from the Import .eps Designs page, select the Add Files button.
b) In the Open dialog, browse to the directory containing the .zip file to upload.
c) Select the .zip file and click Open.
d) Click Clear Files to delete the selection or Upload Files to begin importing the .eps files to the Design Gallery.
- Note: When importing the .zip file containing the EPS files, the upload process occurs rather quickly. The files must then be processed and added to the Design Gallery. The processing step could take quite some time depending on the number of designs being added to the Design Gallery. During this time, you will see the following message displayed in the Administrator:
Please wait for this process to complete. Once finished, you will see the following message: